Happy New Year! It’s hard to believe another year has passed and it’s 2023. 2022 was busy for Trendincite LLC. We wrote, researched, and edited more than 25 trend pieces that covered 2022 Fragrance & Flavor Trends, Ingredient Trends, and Lifestyle Trends. What were the underlying themes for 2022 trends?
- From alt dairy to alternative fish and seafood to clean beauty, plant-based products reigned supreme driven by flexitarian lifestyles.
- Consumers gravitated toward canned cocktails, tea, and energy drinks to quench their thirst.
- Apricot, cherry & cherry blossoms, condiments, elote, and pickles were popular ingredient standouts.
- Breakfast, frozen entrees, ice cream, and snacks gained traction as consumers spent more time at home while Asian-inspired cuisine continued to whet consumers’ appetites.
- Sustainability with a focus on climate change and better-for-you and better-for-the-planet fragrances drove innovation.
- Women’s wellness was a top priority and will continue to garner attention going forward
- The metaverse, jewelry, and scented cosmetics were this year’s muses to entertain and engage consumers while candles were a mainstay.
If you haven’t already, don’t forget to download this year’s 2023 trend report.
Begin your new year on the right foot. Let Trendincite LLC custom-design a renewing trend excursion, an insightful marketing presentation, an engaging blog post, or partner with Amy Marks-McGee as a guest speaker. Trendincite LLC is here to support your marketing 2023 efforts.